oh my, welcome back

7.15.2017

Well hello there paper peeps, welcome back! I thought it was about time to update my little happy place here in blogland, it's been awhile! While I'm sitting here in my super soft mint green polka dot robe, sippin on my fresh & hot delicious French-vanilla coffee in my pretty Cath Kidston mug, wondering how in the world I'm going to get my hair to stop sticking straight up today... I thought I'd say welcome back with a pretty layout!
I was thumbing through my stash one day and came across this gorgeous lace paper by Dear Lizzy, and my brain immediately thought oohhhh this would be so pretty with gesso smeared all over it.. turned out just like I hoped I was so happy!


This layout was just published in the most recent Jot magazine, their Issue 18! I love that mag, it's so inspiring!
Something I've been doing lately is adding a 6x12 pocket page to one side of my layouts, I love love playing with pocket pages AND normal page layouts so this is a fun way to do both!


I feel like if you don't do mixed media all the time, it can be kind of scary or overwhelming at times, but I always have this urge to play with paint! Sometimes I'll just smear a smudge of paint across my card or layout and it adds just that little touch of artsyness I was craving, without getting all crazy..


Much of this layout's supplies are from my gorgeous Dear Lizzy stash, but these darling little word snippets are from Tim HOltz. I am a word snippet addict! For realski!



How come designers don't use taupy/brown colors more often? I love them!


Typing your journaling in adds the cutest nostalgic touch I just love it! I always always mess up while typing on my cards, whether it's spacing or margins or hitting the wrong letter on accident, but I don't mind it kinda adds that handmade feel to it ;) I may have squealed when Santa brought me the pink WRMK typewriter for Christmas last year..


Home is my favorite place to be, so I try to document it every so often! That's why I used this cute Heidi Swapp puffy sticker that says "favorite" down in the corner..


Thanks for poppin in loves! So happy to see you again ;)
xoxo Sarah

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -